Renewable Energy Systems
Following the Article 194 of the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union, EU legislation on the promotion of renewable energies has evolved significantly in recent years
Hydroelectric power plants (HPPs) are relatively widespread in Bulgaria due to its mountainous terrain. These plants convert the potential energy of the water into electrical energy by means of a turbine drive or a turbine system.
Small hydropower plants with a maximum power of up to 10 MW are characterized by lower requirements for automation, product cost, personnel qualification and safety. This type of small hydropower plant can be built from some of the following water sources such as:
- After the dam walls;
- On drinking gravity water pipelines with large displacement;
- In the bed of year-round flowing water flows;
- and at appropriate places in the irrigation system of irrigation canals.
ENGINEERIK is partnering with leading energy companies using the latest technologies and optimization solutions for micro, mini and small hydropower plants
ANAEROBIC STABILIZATION OF BIOMASS
We provide engineering advice in the field of biogas production from anaerobic treatment of organic matter. Our work includes planning, designing, project management and supervision during the construction of biogas plants for organic waste.
Biogas can be produced by processing residual livestock waste (fertilizer and non-edible food), food production (fruit and vegetable waste, meat, fish and dairy residues, brewery waste, food waste and many more) and waste water from industrial wastewater treatment plants. Through the construction of biogas power plants, agriculture is making an important contribution to the supply of energy from renewable sources, as well as to the disposal of organic waste. The cycle can be closed so that excess sludge produced after anaerobic stabilization can be composted, thus using the compost as a high quality fertilizer.
Utilization of geothermal energy, construction of geothermal power plants and / or district heating systems, requires significant initial investment for research, drilling, energy facilities, ancillary equipment and distribution networks. Production costs for electricity and heat are lower than those of conventional technologies. What is important is that the utilization rate of the geothermal source can exceed 90%, which is not achievable with other technologies. The depreciation period of the facilities is about 30 years, while the use of the energy source can continue for centuries.
We can offer design and consulting to implement geothermal systems that meet the latest technological developments, including:
- Continuous monitoring and advanced analysis for improved performance. The results are higher conversion efficiency and lower CO2 emissions;
- Software providing system information and real-time reports. The recorded data is used to record historical results and analyze trends. Data can be accessed by users through computers and mobile devices;
- Designing modules using a database allowing optimization of the performance of each installed module worldwide based on data from unique operating conditions;
A proactive system monitoring program to identify potential malfunctions before they occur
Our experts, with our associate partners, is a guarantee for the success of various PV projects.
There are several major factors to consider when designing photovoltaic installations, such as:
- photovoltaic panel – PV module, inverter connected to the energy system, microcomputer for smart control;
- monitoring system for process optimization;
- construction for mounting PV modules
- Alloying additives increase the hardness, corrosion resistance and reduce the brittleness of parts made of steel.
- the angle of installation of the panels is in accordance with local conditions for maximum absorption of solar radiation. There are two main factors influencing panel rentals to avoid possible shading:
- Collector slope;
- and azimuth relative to the horizon
- suitable plot (land);
- construction of panel mounting;
- power transmission network – transmission lines;